Price: 5% fee on contributions
Available in: English, German, French, Spanish
Owners: Danae Ringelmann, Slava Rubin, and Eric Schell
Overall Rank: 50 out of 100
INDIEGOGO, Product Overview
This is an international crowdfunding website which was started in 2008 under a different name. It is a site for those who want to solicit for an idea, charity or startup business. This is a site for people who want to get their ideas going. It runs on a reward system. The people donating to this site can receive a gift instead of equity, which some say that could change. The site is looking into having an equity funding in the future. There is a site for emergencies as well. Called Indiegogo Life which was changed to Generosity.com in 2015. In 2012 President Barack Obama partnered with Indiegogo to offer crowdfunding to entrepreneurs in the United States. This site has a lot of people who go to it every year.
The Good & the Bad
1. This site helps businesses get up and going.
It helps people to bring their dreams to life.
This site is good for getting money to start your home based business.
2. It does not promote illegal activity, gambling, or any of the other things that violates people’s rights.
3. It is a popular site, so your campaign may get funded.
1. Like any other crowdfunding, you need to have people who are willing to donate to your cause.
A lot of people are asking for money for a lot of businesses. You could be overlooked.
2. No company give-a-ways in the form of perks, money, or other interests in the company as an incentive to have someone give your business money.
3. Why go and ask friends and family for money on a website when you could just go to them and ask them for money.
4. On a website like this they take 5% of what is given. If you know someone is going to be able to give you start up capitol, you could just ask them for it.
5. There are a lot of crowd funding sites out there. People may go to the site you are at or they may not. There is no guarantee of getting money from a crowd funding site.
Who is INDIEGOGO For?
Indiegogo is a crowdfunding site geared towards the business person. If you are going to start your business and need funding, this may be a good site to go to. You cannot advertise or give things out to people who are giving you money. This is strictly a request for money to start your business.
INDIEGOGO Tools & Training
No tools or training on how to get money from this site. You
The owners of this site seem to be genuinely interested in helping you to get money. But that is as far as it goes.
There is a 5% fee for every contribution to your cause.
My Final Opinion of INDIEGOGO
My opinion on Indiegogo, it is another crowdfunding site.
INDIEGOGO at a Glance…
Price: 5% fee on contributions
Available in: English, German, French, Spanish Owners: Danae Ringelmann, Slava Rubin, and Eric Schell
Overall Scam Rank: 50 out of 100
VERDICT: LEGIT/NOT LEGIT
I believe this site is legit. However, it is like begging for money to start your business. When there are sites out there that will help you start your business, give you training, and do this for nothing, why would you really need to use a crowdfunding site? This is my opinion.
What is your opinion? Have you used this site? Were you successful?